Consultant (315) 605–8857 firstname.lastname@example.org
Chelsea is a consultant at Energy Futures Group specializing in integrated resource planning and load forecasting. Prior to joining EFG, Chelsea held a research position at Clarkson University while completing her master’s in data analytics and environmental policy and governance. Chelsea’s research focused on multi-stakeholder microgrids for resiliency. She also participated in the Reforming the Energy Vision (REV) proceedings for the Potsdam (NY) microgrid REV project. Chelsea’s current work is focused on all aspects of integrated resource planning, including capacity expansion and production cost modeling and load forecasting. Chelsea runs the EnCompass model in support of long-term planning exercises for IRP and coal retirement and replacement analyses. Chelsea has critiqued IRP modeling performed using Aurora, Plexos, PowerSimm, PROSYM, and System Optimizer. Chelsea has participated in Itron’s Energy Forecasting training and has experience working with numerous software programs including Python, R, and Stata. She has provided expert testimony in front of utility commissions in Colorado and Michigan.
- B.S., Accounting and Economics, Elmira College, 2007
- MBA, Concentration in Environmental Management, Clarkson University, 2012
- M.S., Environmental Policy and Governance, Clarkson University, 2019
- M.S., Data Analytics, Clarkson University, 2019
Consultant, Energy Futures Group, Hinesburg, VT
Senior Analyst, Energy Futures Group, Hinesburg, VT
Intern, Sommer Energy, Canton, NY
Research Assistant, Clarkson University, Potsdam, NY
- Coalition for Clean Affordable Energy. Evaluation of Public Service Company of New Mexico’s abandonment and replacement of the San Juan generating station. (2019 to present)
- Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis (IEEFA). Evaluation of Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority’s 2019 Integrated Resource Plan. (2019 to present)
- Minnesota Center for Environmental Advocacy. Participating in stakeholder workshops regarding Xcel Energy’s integrated resource plans to meet future energy and capacity needs. (2019 to present)
- Citizens Action Coalition of Indiana. Participating in stakeholder workshops regarding Indianapolis Power & Light’s integrated resource plans to meet future energy and capacity needs. Participating in stakeholders on stakeholder workshops regarding Duke Energy Indiana’s integrated resource plans to meet future energy and capacity needs. Participating in stakeholder workshops regarding Indiana Michigan Power Company’s integrated resource plans to meet future energy and capacity needs. (2019 to present) Comments regarding Northern Indiana Public Service Company’s integrated resource plans to meet future energy and capacity needs. (March 2019) Evaluation of Southern Indiana Gas and Electric’s proposal to build an 850 MW gas combined cycle facility. (August 2018)
- Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis (IEEFA). Evaluation of the Puerto Rico Energy Commission’s proposed wheeling regulation. (March 2019) Co-author for the report Retail Choice Will Not Bring Down Puerto Rico’s High Electricity Rates. (August 2018) Evaluation of the Puerto Rico Energy Commission’s proposed microgrid rules. (February 2018)
- Atems, B., & Hotaling, C. (2018). The effect of renewable and nonrenewable electricity generation on economic growth. Energy Policy, 112, 111-118.
- Bird, S., & Hotaling, C. (2017). Multi-stakeholder microgrids for resilience and sustainability. Environmental Hazards, 16(2), 116-132.
- Bird, S., Enayati, A., Hotaling, C., and Ortmeyer, T. (2017). Resilient Community Microgrids: Governance and Operational Challenges. In Energy Internet: An Open Energy Platform to Transform Legacy Power Systems into Open Innovation and Global Economic Engine, edited by Alex Q. Huang and Wencong Su. Elsevier.