Senior Analyst (802) 227-2316 firstname.lastname@example.org
Chelsea is a Senior Analyst at Energy Futures Group. Prior to joining EFG, Chelsea held a research position at Clarkson University while completing her Master’s in Data Analytics and Environmental Policy & Governance. Chelsea’s research focused on multi-stakeholder microgrids for resiliency. She also participated in the Reforming the Energy Vision (REV) proceedings for the Potsdam (NY) microgrid REV project. Chelsea also had an internship with Sommer Energy, LLC where she participated in stakeholder workshops for Integrated Resource Plans (IRPs), assisted with the evaluation of IRPs, and contributed to comments regarding wheeling regulations and microgrids in Puerto Rico, among other projects. Chelsea is trained to run the EnCompass model and has reviewed modeling performed using Plexos and System Optimizer. Chelsea has experience working with numerous software programs including Python, R, and Stata.
- B.S., Accounting and Economics, Elmira College, 2007
- MBA, Concentration in Environmental Management, Clarkson University, 2012
- M.S., Environmental Policy and Governance, Clarkson University, 2019
- M.S., Data Analytics, Clarkson University, 2019
Intern, Sommer Energy, Canton, NY
Research Assistant, Clarkson University, Potsdam, NY
- Coalition for Clean Affordable Energy. Evaluation of Public Service Company of New Mexico’s abandonment and replacement of the San Juan generating station. (2019 to present)
- Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis (IEEFA). Evaluation of Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority’s 2019 Integrated Resource Plan. (2019 to present)
- Minnesota Center for Environmental Advocacy. Participating in stakeholder workshops regarding Xcel Energy’s integrated resource plans to meet future energy and capacity needs. (2019 to present)
- Citizens Action Coalition of Indiana. Participating in stakeholder workshops regarding Indianapolis Power & Light’s integrated resource plans to meet future energy and capacity needs. Participating in stakeholders on stakeholder workshops regarding Duke Energy Indiana’s integrated resource plans to meet future energy and capacity needs. Participating in stakeholder workshops regarding Indiana Michigan Power Company’s integrated resource plans to meet future energy and capacity needs. (2019 to present) Comments regarding Northern Indiana Public Service Company’s integrated resource plans to meet future energy and capacity needs. (March 2019) Evaluation of Southern Indiana Gas and Electric’s proposal to build an 850 MW gas combined cycle facility. (August 2018)
- Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis (IEEFA). Evaluation of the Puerto Rico Energy Commission’s proposed wheeling regulation. (March 2019) Co-author for the report Retail Choice Will Not Bring Down Puerto Rico’s High Electricity Rates. (August 2018) Evaluation of the Puerto Rico Energy Commission’s proposed microgrid rules. (February 2018)
- Atems, B., & Hotaling, C. (2018). The effect of renewable and nonrenewable electricity generation on economic growth. Energy Policy, 112, 111-118.
- Bird, S., & Hotaling, C. (2017). Multi-stakeholder microgrids for resilience and sustainability. Environmental Hazards, 16(2), 116-132.
- Bird, S., Enayati, A., Hotaling, C., and Ortmeyer, T. (2017). Resilient Community Microgrids: Governance and Operational Challenges. In Energy Internet: An Open Energy Platform to Transform Legacy Power Systems into Open Innovation and Global Economic Engine, edited by Alex Q. Huang and Wencong Su. Elsevier.